Haptotherapy is a person-centered therapy in which the client is helped by way of affirmative affective haptonomic contact for the following types of problems:
- Developmental Issues: by way of example, when you are functioning in an environment in which you are not comfortable- you feel discomfort or ill at ease- dissatisfaction with your current situation and do not know how to deal with your feelings or desires.
- Difficulty in recognising and expressing your feelings.
- Difficulty in setting your boundaries.
- Suffering from a low self-esteem or feelings of inferiority.
- Problems with intimacy and attachment.
- Problems in relation to others (personal or work-related).
- Problems related to the transition from one phase to the next in life: from childhood to adolescence, from adolescence to adulthood, adulthood to middle age, or middle- to old age.
- Problems with acceptance of, or recovering from, loss, trauma, illness or disability.
- Feelings of being over-burdened or worn out.
- Feeling of being stressed, overworked or a loss of confidence in your own performance as a result of pain, long-term physical or mental overload or burnout.
- Physical symptoms with a possible psychosomatic cause.
- Wanting to achieve more, but doing very little.